Eating For Eyesight
Choosing the right foods is essential to protecting and improving your health. Bright-colored fruits and vegetables are especially good for your eyes. These foods are usually high in Vitamins C, A, and E, which are all important.
- Red: Tomatoes, strawberries, bell peppers, cranberries
- Orange: Mangoes, oranges, sweet potatoes, carrots
- Yellow: Lemons, squash, corn, cantaloupe
- Green: Spinach, kale, broccoli, avocado
Fatty acids, essential minerals like zinc, lutein, and omega-3, are also essential to your long-term eye health.
- Fish: Salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines
- Meat & Dairy: Cheese, yogurt, milk, eggs
- Nuts: Almonds, pistachios, walnuts, cashews
- Legumes: Beans, peas, lentils